When you’re ready to sell your home, you try not to think about the marketing process and its inherent complications. Of course, no realtor will ever mention that real estate marketing is often stressful and somewhat difficult. Their job is to keep smiling, keep you motivated, and nudge you along, one step at a time. Otherwise, they would never sell your home, ever; and they would never make a commission.
Long before you sell your home
As you prepare to sell your home, a pre-marketing walkthrough is the first step. You think your home is in perfect shape, but the real estate agent presents you with a must-do agenda. This usually includes a long list of tasks you must accomplish before the agency can sell your home.
- Declutter: Pack up and move some/most of your furniture and personal belongings (including your children’s toys). Throw them away. Put them into storage…do whatever it takes to help give your home the illusion of space.
- Depersonalize: Remove any personal, family-related, or culturally specific artwork or nick-nacks from public view. Don’t forget the magnets and kid’s drawing on your refrigerator.
- Remove: Put away your counter-top appliances… except, possibly any high-end devices that might impress a buyer.
- Redecorate: Paint all of your walls a neutral color.
- Fix up: Repair scratched flooring, leaky pipes, missing tiles, damaged blinds, etc. Remove area rugs and consider ditching your scruffy wall-to-wall carpeting.
- Brighten up: Light up your entire home with new fixtures and airy window treatments.
- Clean up: Deep clean everything (professional cleaning is best). Clean and deodorize your pet’s area. (Pet owners get used to the smell, so ask a neighbor to do a smell test when you’re done.)
- Create curb appeal: When you’re done inside, give the outside a makeover. Paint, mow, cut, trim, remove, store, eliminate anything that needs it. Your door is a curb appeal focal point. Make sure it looks especially attractive.
Maybe then your agent can sell your home
Not yet! Before your agent can sell your home, she will likely recommend professional staging. You’ll also need professional photos. Then your agent will publish an online listing, list with a multiple listing service, market your home on social media, put a “For Sale” sign in your yard, arrange tours, open houses, and do whatever it takes to sell your home.
Next Level Home Buyers eliminates the complications
Of course, everything listed above is just the beginning of a traditional real estate marketing process. Before you sell your home, you’ll deal with buyers, buyer’s agents, lawyers, negotiations, contracts, inspections, and closings.
If you don’t like marketing complications, we simply eliminate them.
We don’t ask you to spend thousands of dollars on fixups, staging, and curb appeal before we make a deal. We simply buy your home As-Is and we do it fast.
- We evaluate your home.
- We make you an offer.
- You accept.
- We close in as few as 7 days
Contact Next Level Home Buyer
If you want to sell your home in a complication-free process, call us at 860-368-0343 or complete our contact form.
WE BUY HOUSES IN ANY SITUATION:
Behind on Payments
- Death of a loved one
- Liquidating assets
- Inherited property
- Job loss
- Bad mortgage
- Medical Bills
- Extensive repairs